Wednesday, April 06, 2005

An open letter to His Serene Highness Prince Albert of Monaco

Dear Prince Albert,

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your father. I realize, now that you are the monarch, you are left with a problem.

Should the treatment for my current medical condition not leave me infertile, I'll still have a couple of child-bearing years left. I would be honored to marry you and produce an heir to the throne. Although, in my adult life, I have never liked the idea of bearing a child, I would make an exception in this case. And there would be nannies and other people to help raise the future prince or princess, right?

Marrying an American from Pennsylvania worked out pretty well for your father, you must admit. And, c'mon, do you really think having one of your sisters or their children ascend to the throne would be in the best interests of your country?

Think about it, okay?

Sincerely,

The future Princess Anne of Monaco

No comments: