Wednesday, June 26, 2002

We're lovin' the new house -- all 1500 square feet of it! I've spent a lot of my time in the backyard, working on the rock/cactus garden, watering plants and flowers, making sure the pond stays filled, watering and weeding the parts we set aside for grass. We could have had it landscaped, but we decided we wanted to do it ourselves because it would be more rewarding that way. We're kind of going for a faux feng shui look. Kind of. You'll have to see it to understand. *s* One of these days, when we're not on the laptop anymore, I'll post some pix.

As for the inside of the house, we're still unpacking, but we've got quite a bit done. Well, I say that, then I remember we still have a lot in storage. It's a little bit scary to think about that. Anyway, Nick and I are starting to get our bedroom the way we want it. He did a little bit of painting. It's so easy to do what you want when you're starting with freshly painted white walls. It's like a blank canvas just waiting for you to create something. He's also working on our office. Our desks are pretty close to each other, which is different. In the apartment, he worked upstairs and I worked downstairs. I'm sure this will take some getting used to, but we'll be fine. At least we won't have to yell up and down the stairs to each other (or e-mail each other) when we want something.

Did I mention how huge our kitchen is? It's big, big, big and we love it! At the apartment two of us could barely fit comfortably. Now, you could fit a whole football team in there. Well, almost. But it's big! And .... the house came with a brand new stove, dishwasher and microwave, not to mention so much cupboard and drawer space we don't even know what to do with it. There are some cupboards that have like one thing on one shelf. *s*

Well, you're probably bored by now, and I have stuff to do. I hope to be back here soon though.

No comments: