Tuesday, July 09, 2002

I'm going to be gone for a while. I'm not really sure how long though. My mom is in the hospital and, seeing as my brother who lives in Boston and my sister who lives near Cleveland can't seem to free up their schedules to go help her, I'm going to make the 2-day+16-hour bus trip from Bakersfield to Pennsylvania to make sure she's ok. I was going to go in 3 weeks anyway and stay for a couple weeks. But now, who knows how long I'll be there? Talking to Mom on the phone doesn't really tell me anything. One minute she sounds ok, the next minute she's so out of breath she can barely talk. I'm hoping the doctor knows something by later today so my imagination isn't running wild during the bus trip.

Why am I taking the bus? I'm a chicken! I don't want to be anywhere near LAX. I hate flying in the first place and LAX just scares the crap outta me right now.

Why may I not be blogging for a while? Mom has WebTV. Although she calls it her computer (She's 74 so it's cute, don't you think?) it doesn't quite cut it. Know what I mean? Also, as far as I know, you can post to Blogger using WebTV, but can't publish. Maybe Nick will be nice and get in here and publish for me. *s*

Note to Nick: I'm sorry about the Joey Bear obsession.

Anyway, This is our ninth full day of being non-smokers and it hasn't been easy. Yesterday when I found out Mom was in the hospital was the worst day of all. But I made it. Yay me!

Note to Steve: If you happen to read this, see ya in BFD? I'll email you with the new WebTV addy I'm going to create.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Don't forget me while I'm gone, ok?



No comments: