Friday, February 27, 2004

Huh?

I was having lunch with a friend on Wednesday & we were talking about "The DaVinci Code." We both loved it & both read it in less than three days. Then she told me about a mutual acquaintance of ours who said he would never read it because "it might challenge my beliefs."

What?!?!?!? If a work of fiction might challenge his beliefs, how strong are they in the first place?

Then, today I read on a message board that I go to fairly regularly (not RAOK's, so you RAOKsters who may be reading this don't have to go searching for it *w*) that a woman would really like to go see "The Passion of the Christ" but she gave up popcorn for Lent and doesn't think she could sit in the movie theater, smell the popcorn and resist.

Again .... WHAT?!?!?!? I'm hoping that every Christian who read that said ... Good thing Jesus didn't say ... "Ya know, I'd like to do the whole crucifixtion thing, but the nails through the hands and feet, I dunno."

No comments: