Sunday, February 22, 2004

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!

As of today I no longer have to say I've lost about 100 pounds. I have offically (according to my scale) lost 100 pounds!!!

When I stepped on the scale last January I thought losing the weight I had to lose was an unsurmountable task. I thought there was no way on earth I could ever do it. But, I knew I didn't have a choice. I had to do it. I didn't look good. I didn't feel well. There's a history of heart disease, diabetes and cancer in my family so I knew I would be risking my life if I didn't lose the weight.

So, I started counting calories and exercising. Walking just a little at first, because I could barely walk around the block. The pounds came off slowly. By August I lost 38 pounds. Then I decided I'd give Atkins a shot. Since Augst 4 I've lost 62 more pounds and I'm walking 4 miles a day.

I still have a little bit more to go -- little bit as opposed to 100 -- but now I'm extra-motivated and I know I'll do it.

No comments: