Sunday, December 11, 2005

Tales of the Traffic Law Challenged: Special Edition

OK. One of the reasons this is a special edition is that I can't remember where I left off, and I didn't feel like looking it up. Another reason is that my main gripe is not really about a traffic law, per se. It's about inconsiderate people in relation to parking.

A little bit of history first: My estranged husband and I are still friends and, actually, his house is where my computer is so I'm here quite often. The house has been in my family since the 1930s. My family (uncles, aunt, mom and then me & my husband) has had the same parking space since the 40s. Here's a photo of the space:



The space in question is where my car is parked. You see, the woman who moved into the house in front of ours a few months ago thinks that should be her space. Further, she believes that if we park there, we're blocking her driveway. There hasn't been a problem for 60 (sixty ... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60) years. Now, all of sudden, there is a problem.

Not only that, the day after the first big snowfall this year, my husband shoveled out the space. Then he had to leave. While he was gone, she parked in the shoveled out space!

You know, even if my family hadn't had that space for 60 years, we've been here for 20. She's been there for a few months. Wouldn't you think she'd be considerate, and observant, enough to realize she's taking someone's space. And, she doesn't even live on our street. It's just that her driveway is on our street. If she wants to park on the street, she should park on her own street. I mean, why should we have to park halfway down the block because she doesn't want to use her driveway?

No comments: