Monday, March 06, 2006

Weird Dreams

This isn't an actual installment of Weird Dreams. It's just an observation. Over the last couple of weeks my dreams have been so vivid that, when I'm awake, I'm not sure if they were dreams or memories. It's hard to explain, but sometimes I feel as if I've actually been to the places I'm dreaming about, and the things that happened really happened.

I can't really explain how it makes me feel, other than it makes me want to remember more. I'm pretty sure all of this is just a side effect of the Effexor, and I'll be off that in May, so we'll see what happens then. I'm am kind of nervous about going off the Effexor, though. My moods have been normal ever since I started taking it. The doctor said this anti-depressant is supposed to get you back to normal after a post-surgery chemical imbalance. Then, you don't need it anymore. I hope that's the case with me.

OK. I just decided I will write about this one dream ... in honor of The Best Friend's birthday, which was Saturday. I was at this party at a beach house in Australia with a lot of my friends and aquaintances from all the chapters of my life. We were having a really good time, then I heard other people in another room. I went to check it out, and The Best Friend was there. So, he blew off his party and I blew off mine. He told me he knew of this private beach not from from where we were, and asked if I'd like to go there with him. Of course I did. So, we hiked up this mountain, and on the other side was the most beautiful beach I'd ever seen. We hung out there for a long time, just doing what we do when we hang out ... forgetting anyone else in the world even exists. I'm sure that dream came from the fact that we haven't spent a lot of time together lately, or even e-mailed as much as usual, and the other day we both said how much we miss each other. *sigh*

No comments: