Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Weird Dreams

 It's been 11 months since I posted. I cannot believe it's been that long. No, not that since I posted because I've gone longer than that. Eleven months since GSG passed away. Man, do I miss him! 

I've had a few dozen dreams about him since he died. Every one has been good, with some way better than others. They all bring me comfort. Maybe I'll blog about them someday. Maybe I'll catch up on how things developed between us, too.

Anyway, the GSG dreams are not the ones that are weird that I was planning on posting about today. This one was last night:

I was in Mass at my home church (which is not my regular church) and it was time for the "sign of peace." It lasted forever because people were going up and down and across the aisles to shake hands with everyone. They were smiling fake smiles and having a grand old time. At one point this guy from my transitional job (more on that some other time, too) was running up and down the aisles glad-handing people and grinning the whole time. I thought it would never end. But it eventually did and that's when the priest called this singing group up to the altar. One of my friends from high school was in the band and she was going to sing. I didn't even know she could sing. 

That's when my backup work alarm went off and I woke up. I don't remember turning the regular work alarm off. I must have been more tired than I thought. 


No comments: