Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sick & tired of being sick & tired

It's been a rough month so far. Two weekends ago I was really sick. I didn't have the flu, but I did have a fever and was totally wiped out. Then, before I even had a chance to recover, my Mom got sick. She has congestive heart failure so it wasn't totally unexpected but with every episode it gets worse. She spent 8 days in the hospital, which you would think would be easier on me. It wasn't. She's very demanding when she's in the hospital. Then, when the doctor was ready to send her home, she wasn't ready to go. He said she'd have to go into a nursing home. She wasn't ready for that either, at least on Wednesday. Thursday morning, she said she was. By Thursday evening, she was ready to go home again. Thursday was very stressful. But she is home now. However, she's still very weak and unable to do much of anything. And, it figures, that I'm working a lot during the next couple of weeks so I have to make sure everything's in order for her so she doesn't have to do anything for herself when I'm not there. As if all of that isn't enough, I'm sick again. I've been using hand sanitizer, taking mega doses of Vitamin C and doing everything else I can to keep from getting sick but, obviously, it didn't work. At least by running to the bathroom every 15 minutes I should get enough exercise to lose the 10 pounds I gained by not eating right all month.

Then there's this crap:



I'm tellin' ya, if the Bills lose today I'm going to slash my wrists. Not really, but it'll be depressing. They went and got my hopes up again, I hope they don't let me down.

No comments: