Monday, December 27, 2004

Untitled

First of all, thanks to everyone who stopped by to wish me & Mom well. That means a lot to me.

Mom is doing as well as can be expected, I guess. She's kind of depressed, though, because I think the seriousness of her condition has finally sunk in. But, she tries to stay in good spirits. I think that's partially to keep me from being too depressed, though.

Anyway, she gave me the best Christmas present she could have given me on Thursday. That's the day we realized my sister, although she hadn't made it official yet, wouldn't be here for Christmas. Earlier in the day, I had bought a fiber optic Christmas tree, just 'cause I wanted a tree with lights and we didn't have one (and didn't feel like going to all the trouble). I wasn't sure how Mom felt about it 'til I walked through the front door on my dinner break from work & saw that she had turned the tree on. I said "Wow. You turned my tree on." She said "It made you so happy when you got it, I thought you might like to have it on when you got home." After that, she told me that she really appreciated everything I'd done to make Christmas nice for everyone. She said she was sad because there was so much she wanted to do but didn't have the strength or energy to do. But, I did it without being asked or told. And it was simple stuff, too, like putting her Christmas table cloths on the the dining room & kitchen tables and displaying the Christmas cards. So, we hugged each other & told each other we loved each other. One of the coolest Christmas gifts ever, 'cause she's not a huggy "I love you" type person.

Enough mush. The only thing I really wanted for Christmas (besides seeing my nephews, which I ddin't get) was for the Bills to win. They did! One more win (and a Denver or Jets loss) will do it. With the abysmal start to the season, I can't even believe I'm thinking playoffs in the last week of the season.

One of these days, if my life ever calms down, I'm going to get back to blogging regularly. I hope it's soon because I sure do miss it. And there are many days at work that are this slow & give me the time to make such long blog entries.

If it stays like this for the next 6 1/2 hours I could be doing all my catching up on the blog tonight.



No comments: