Saturday, February 25, 2006

Odds & Ends or Bits & Pieces or Just Stuff or Something

Josh was doing a live broadcast from this really big, cool event, so, since I'd never done a remote before, I wanted to see how it was done, and I hung out for a while. It was very cool (even eating the Rice Krispie treat with the bug in it). The coolest part was when people came up to our table. "Are you Chris?" "No, I'm Anne." "Ohhhh! The news person!" So, yeah, they were a little disappointed that I wasn't Chris, but at least they knew who I was and they weren't totally bummed out. So, I guess one of my goals is to be as beloved as Chris ;) But Jay and I have fans, too, which is nice to know. I mean, I know he has fans. (I'm made aware of that a few times a week when I answer the phone and some teeny bopper is all disappointed because she wants to give her song request to him. Well, honey, just a tip: Try calling when there's a song or ad playing, not when he's live on the air. Anyway ...) I just thought it was cool that a couple of people were nice enough to tell me that they think we make a good team.

I know I was going to write more about that, but now I can't remember what I was going to say. So, we'll get to the other part. And, surprise, surprise. It has something to do with GSG. His secretary was at the booth next to ours. I wasn't sure she remembered me at first but, as I was getting ready to leave, she talked to me for a bit. That was nice, too. Especially since I was thinking "How could she not remember me? I was a pain in the neck for something like 2 years!" Really, though, she never thought I was a pain. She thought I was cute ... in a teenage-girl-with-a-crush-on-the-cutest-boy-in-school kinda way.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Just read your 100 things...
1. I lived in New York,
2. I'm a published author if you consider High School and College Newspapers, and my blog, (ha)
3. I scrapbook too
4. Serendipity is my favorite word
5. I love to travel
6. I get motion sickness
7. When Harry met Sally is my favorite movie
8. Byonce is hot
9. Sandra Bullock has a house about 5 minutes from mine
10. bad personal hygiene makes me sick too
11. Seinfeld makes me laugh too
12. I suck at gardening
13. Fall is my favorite season
14. I hate snow
15. I'm a Buddist
16. I like all colors, can't make up my mind.
17. Bill OReilly is arogant!
18. Bailey's is my favorite drink

We have lots in common ha ha! it's alays interesting to read peoples 100 things!

joshhatcher said...

anne.. this comment should sum up EVERYTHING. from eating bugs... to being as cool as chris... to whoever the heck gsg is...


It's all in your head.


yeah.. there we go.. Josh's bit of wisdom for the day.

Anne said...

Oh Josh, It's just good to know that you think there's something in my head.

...just-rambling... said...

You're more of a celebrity now that you moved to the air waves! Do you ever promote your books on the air, or is that a no-no?

Anne said...

Ann Marie,
I don't promote my books on the air, but since I started working at the radio station, my books have sold out at the local book store again. That rocks!

It's not a no-no, though, because my pal and co-worker
Josh has been interviewed about his book.