Wednesday, June 30, 2004

1111, 4444 & more

I don't remember exactly when "the numbers" started haunting me, but I became aware of it in 2002. It started with 111 and 1111. I always meant to look it up on the Internet but never got around to it. Then 3 weeks ago, on 6/6, Steve had a dream and there was a 111 in it. I told him about my 111 thing. He told me I should look it up, so I did. That's when I found out about lightworkers. (More on that later.)

Ever since then I've been even more aware of numbers, and I see them everywhere!. I've also been connecting certain events in my past to the path I'm currently on. The first thing I can recall is when I was 5 years old. The name I was born with was Ann Louise Sweeney. I was never comfortable with that name. I hated being called "Ann Louise," which is what I was called for a long time (because there was another Anne in the neighborhood). I always said I "needed" to add an "e" to my name. (By the way ... it's not pronounced "Annie." It's pronounced like "Ann.") When I registered for high school I was able to officially change my first name to Anne. Anne Sweeney has 11 letters in it, as does "Anne with an E."

That's just the beginning of it. The most recent thing happened yesterday. I was talking to someone about "the number thing" and how cool it was & I also posted on a message board about seeing double digits everywhere. After that I saw 88 & 22 everywhere I looked ... phone numbers, license plates, addresses, signs. I said out loud to the person I was with "Eight & two must be the numbers of the day." Just then we pulled up behind a car with a license plate 8822.

Steve isn't quite sure if he believes my number thing. Well, yesterday he told me about a dream he had that I was in. Among other things, I was eating Chinese food. Nothing strange about that, right? Well, I hadn't told him I had plans to go out with a friend last night ... to a Chinese place. And, as he ended the e-mail he said "No weird number stuff." As I was replying, I noticed the time he sent the e-mail. 5:44:44. Coincidence? I think not.

Two weekends ago I was looking for numbers because when I see them I feel so good. I hadn't seen any for a while (as we were driving along a country road) & was getting kind of depressed. In my head I said "C'mon angels." I looked at a farm house that had a plastic angel hanging on the side of it. Just as we drove by, the angel tipped in my direction as if it was waving at me!

There's this guy I've been thinking about for a few weeks ... not in a romantic way. I just can't get him out of my head, and I haven't seen him in about 15 years. Well, two weekends ago I was in the town he lives in (where I lived when we became friends) and the feeling that I needed to get in touch with him was so strong I almost couldn't stand it. I wanted to call him, but he's not listed in the phone book. When I got home, I thought about calling him at the bar he used to hang out at. I Googled the name of the bar. The first result that came up wasn't that bar, but another one with the same name in a different city. The city's zip code is 44444. Two days ago I opened up a phone book to the page with his last name on it. His name starts with an "L." I was looking for a name that starts with "V." I hoping that when I go back to his town this weekend I run into him or someone who knows him. I just know there's a reason we're supposed to talk.

One more thing before I stop (for now): For a while now I've been wanting to get involved in a local theater group but didn't really have the time, and I was a little scared. Well, they were doing "Godspell" a few weeks ago. When I heard that's what they were doing I felt compelled to get involved. I did PR for them and wrote a feature story for local media. What's "Godspell" about? The light of the world!

There's so much more I want to and need to write about this. But I'm going to end this by saying I finally feel as if my life has meaning and I know what my life path is. And I know I'm not alone. It's a good, good feeling.



No comments: