Thursday, June 17, 2004

Feeling Better

Thanks to Cherry and Deb for the kind words and offers of help. Your comments helped more than I can say. <3

I also feel better because I showed up in a dream of one of the previously blogged-about guys. It wasn't like a sex dream or anything but, hey, I was there.

The third reason I feel better is that one of my editors said some really cool stuff to me today. First, she wanted to make sure my "talent" wasn't being wasted by doing the mundane tasks part-timers are asked to do. She also said they need someone like me who knows how to do a real story. After reading & answering that note, I realized I didn't thank her for telling me I have talent. After I did, she sent me a note saying "Of course you have talent, kiddo! I'm so happy you're back." That sure feels good when it comes from the woman who inspired me to go into journalism in the first place.

Reason number four I'm in a good mood: I lost another pound (finally!). 116 and counting ... and there's not that much more to count. That reminds me of a funny story. There's this guy I've been friends with since second grade. We have a totally harmless, never-going-anywhere, we-know-it's-just-for-fun flirting thing going on. Well, he hasn't seen me in months and months. At least he thinks he hasn't. He sees me almost everyday when I'm walking and he's driving by. I wave but he never waves back, which isn't like him at all. He usually goes out of his way to wave or talk to me. So, all I can assume is that he doesn't recognize me which, in this case, is a good thing. I'm waiting for the day when we meet face to face somewhere & he realizes the woman whose butt he's been checking out instead of waving to is me. *giggle*

Reason number five: I got to write a cool story on Tuesday about my friend who is a bug up the city's butt. I loved writing stories about stuff he was doing five years ago. It's still fun, although it's a bit difficult for me to remain objective. Then today, I got to write another cool story about another friend. It's a Father's Day feature concentrating on him being a single parent foster father. I hope he likes it.

Reason number six: I got to see two of my nephews this morning. They're too cute for words. I get to see them, and their big brother, again this weekend.

I know there are more reasons I'm feeling better ... aside from the chemicals switching from the depressive side of my brain to the manic side (Sometimes I swear I'm bipolar.) ... but I can't think of them right now.

I need to get some sleep because I have an interview in 9 hours. It'll be fun. It's about George Blaisdell, the founder of Zippo Manufacturing Co. I loved Mr. Blaisdell. He truly was a wonderful man in every sense of the word. Any story I get to write about him is fun.

Nighty-night. <3


No comments: