Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Asking for a sign ... and getting it!

I read on a 1111 message board that if you ask your angels out loud for a sign as to what you're supposed to be doing, you'll get one. So before I went out to take a walk I asked. I also asked for it to be fairly obvious because I can be kind of lame sometimes. ;) Well, I'd walked for a while and nothing. Then, all of a sudden, a car went by with the license plate 3399 and a thought hit my head. I thought: Maybe my purpose is just to be a happy person and spread that happiness around. So I'm running that thought through my head and I saw a couple more double digit license plates and a real estate sign with a double digit phone number. I said, yep, this is yet, looked at the house I was walking past & the address was 44. The rest of the way to the mini mart I saw a few more double & triple digit license plates. The few hundred feet of road that leads to the mini mart the cars were parked so I couldn't see the license plates & I was walking the opposite direction of the traffic so I couldn't see those that were driving by. But as I was walking I was still questioning the sign & I said "I need more." I left the mini mart & 8 of the 10 the parked cars I had just walked by had double or triple digit license plates. So I started counting all the cars & those with double & triple numbers. Out of the 300 cars I saw 240 had double or triple license plate numbers. I'm no mathematical genius but even I know that's a mathematical impossibility. I was even more sure when I walked through my front door at 1:11. And I looked at the clock when I typed "mathematical impossibility." 1:22.

So now I know. Be a happy person. That's it. Simple as that. It's not always so simple for me, but if that's my purpose I'm going to give it my best shot.

Thank you Angels!!!

No comments: