Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Music Challenge

I just found this at Ann Marie's.

What's the total amount of music files on your computer?

Zero. I just recently got this computer & haven't downloaded any music yet, and I didn't save any music files from my old computer.

What was the last CD you bought?
A Trans Syberian Orchestra Christmas CD. I can't remember which one, and it's in my car now so I can't go look. I just listened to it yesterday because it's so good I could listen to it all year long. I'm going to have to buy one of their non-Christmas CDs soon.

What was the last song listened to before getting this message?
"This Love" by Maroon 5. It was just on the radio.

Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you

1. Layla
It's been my favorite song for as long as I can remember. I love the lyrics, the music, the way the mood of the music changes. I just love everything about it.

2. Rosalita by Springsteen
Almost all pre-Born in the USA Springsteen reminds me of college but Rosalita does more than the others. On the first nice spring day of the year, we'd all open our dorm room windows to get the winter stuffiness out, then blast Springsteen while cleaning. I'd say a good one-third of us played Rosalita. Now, it reminds me of spring and summer coming and good friends who even enjoyed cleaning together.

3. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy by Elton John
So many Elton John songs mean a lot to me but this one has a special meaning because of Steve. 'Nuff said about that.

4. Drops of Jupiter by Train
It reminds me of when I ran away to California then came back and was hanging out with GSG for a while. Before I learned the answer, I wondered if he wondered if I missed him while I was looking for myself out there.

5. Calling All Angels by Train
I love Train. I'm really into angels. I wish I could remember when I posted my Calling All Angels story here because it was so cool. Maybe I'll post it again later. I don't have time right now.


Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three persons, and why)?
I would say Ann Marie but she's already done it, so I'll just do what she did: I'm passing it on to the first three people who comment here.

No comments: