Sunday, February 27, 2005

This made me feel good ... but old

I lost most of the weight I gained back during the holidays, so I'm able to fit into my not-quite-as-fat jeans. (I hesitate to call them my thin jeans. I have one more size to go before I can do that.) I thought I looked pretty good but, then again, I thought maybe it was my imagination. Then this happened: Before I went back to work after my dinner break on Friday I stopped at a store to buy a cup of decaf and a pack of smokes. I couldn't help but notice the cute, but young (just barely out of jailbait rage, I think) guy working the cash register. At first I thought it was my imagination running away with me and he couldn't possibly be flirting with me. But when I noticed that we were both blushing, I knew he really was. Anyway, at this particular store, they have to ask your birthday before they sell you cigarettes. I told him and he said. "60? Did you say 1960?" I said "Honey, at this age you don't lie to make yourself older." He said "Wow. You could say 70 and get away with it." I just may have to start spending more time at that store.

No comments: