Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Stupid People

Definitely not a lack of 'em in this town. Case in point: This is a conversation I had with a guy a few minutes ago. (I was walking. He was driving.)

Guy: Excuse me ma'am, can you tell me where the new restaurant is?
Me: Which new restaurant?
Guy: Well, you're no help at all.
Me: There are three restaurants that I consider new. If ya give me a hint, maybe I could help you.
Guy: I saw it in the paper.
Me: (thinking: all 3 were in the paper in the last couple of weeks) Well, let's try this one. There's one on Main Street called The Lunch Box. Sound familiar?
Guy: It's not the Mexican place is it?
Me: No. (thinking: The Lunch Box/La Herradura. Sounds pretty similar.)
Guy: Where is it?
Me: Main Street. Keep driving to the STOP sign at Davis Street. Take a right. Go to the first traffic light. Take another right. It's next to the movie theater.
Guy: On Davis Street?
Me: No. Main Street. Next to the movie theater.
Guy: Which movie theater?
Me: You don't live here, do you?
Guy: Yeah, just around the corner.
Me: (thinking: You freakin' moron! You're two freakin' blocks away. Go look for it!)Go to Main Street. You can't miss it.


That wasn't enough to ruin my day though, because
1. I walked 5 miles before 10 a.m.
2. I lost another pound (114 all together now. Yay me!)
3. Dinner with Steve is less than 4 hours away!
4. I don't have to work today.
5. I got a thank-you note for a story I wrote for today's paper.





No comments: