Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another installment of Weird Dreams

Did y'all know that anesthetic and pain meds cause vivid nightmares? Well, that would have been a nice thing to know before my surgery!

Here are the two weirdest ones:

#1 I was in bed in my bedroom. I couldn't move my arms and legs, and couldn't speak. My brother opened the door and asked if I was ok. I tried to tell him I wasn't but, because I couldn't speak, I couldn't tell him. He closed the door and I could hear him telling my mother I was fine. I was in a panic because I knew something was wrong but had no way of telling anyone.

#2 After a shower, I looked in the mirror and noticed that my back was swollen and it looked like I had one of those old-lady-with-osteoperosis humps. Then I noticed that my breasts were swollen to twice their normal size. (In my case, that's not very big, but it was the idea that they were huge in comparison to normal.) I went downstairs to tell my mother (a nurse) about it so she could look and see if everything was ok. Just as she was about to look, my right breast started getting bigger and bigger and I felt as if it was going to burst. I kept thinking that it was going to burst open and I was going to die.

See? Told ya they were weird.

No comments: