Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Connected and the Vast Wasteland of Daytime TV

I don't know why I keep watching Connected. Maybe I'm waiting for them to get a clue as to what the "blogosphere" really is.

Anyway, as I was flipping channels because I couldn't stand yet another John Bolton discussion on Connected, I realized how bad daytime tv really is. Sure, I like Law & Order and Roseanne as much as the next person but they get boring after a while. I tried watching Crafters Coast to Coast to see if I could get any ideas. Well, while their stuff is interesting, I'm not about to buy glass blowers and torches and kilns. Doesn't anyone use glue and construction paper anymore? And yeah, I like the Food Network, too, but how many times can you watch Emeril and Iron Chef in one day? And why doesn't TCM show good movies during the day?

As I was flipping channels and not being able to decide on anything to watch, I remembered a simpler time when I didn't have 70 channels to choose from. I remembered back when I was in school and only had 12 channels. When I was home sick I was perfectly content watching The Price is Right and All My Children.

Ah, the good old days.

No comments: