Friday, June 24, 2005

What's up with this?

Remember in the movie "Dave" when he was trying to find some extra money in the budget to save the homeless shelter? One of the things he found was that the government was spending millions of dollars to "make people feel better about a car they already bought." This thing NBC and MSNBC are doing reminds me of that.

What thing am I talking about? Telling people who are already watching The Today Show how great it is. And, during the first break during the Abrams Report they always have this ad "You're getting the whole truth and nothing but on The Abrams Report." They do this for other shows, too, but I think you get the idea.

It's dumb. I mean, NBC owns like 50 other channels. Advertise on USA and Bravo and all the other ones. I already feel good about watching The Abrams Report. They need to find new viewers.

No comments: