Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I kind of understand ...

... how people get addicted to Vicodin. I have a prescription for Lortab, which is basically the same thing. I stopped taking it on May 19 but then started again last week (just one a day) because Advil wasn't working for this new pain I was having. I stopped again yesterday, though, so I'm not in any danger of being addicted. I definitely don't need it or crave it or anything. However, I can see how some people would get addicted. It's an awesome pain reliever and it helps me get to sleep. And there's one more thing. I've been writing about my weird dreams and, although, they freak me out sometimes, I kind of like them because they're so vivid. (Yeah, I'm a freak sometimes.) Well, that's another side effect of Vicodin/Lortab. Before I got the prescription for that, I would take my Mom's Darvocet every now & then. I found out that also causes vivid dreams. So, at least now I have an explanation for them.

No comments: