Monday, June 27, 2005

Just thinking

I remember wathcing "The Andy Griffith Show" when I was a kid and thinking when they talked about the nearby big city they were saying "Rolly" or "Rollie." I think I was in my teens before I realized it was "Raleigh."

I think I was also in my teens when I realized the card game is "pinochle," not "peaknuckle."

Also, I remember taking notes for a high school history class and, having heard the word but never seen it that I knew of, wrote "endightment." As my mother was helping me study for a test, she came across that word and cracked up. And yes, she did tell me it was "indictment." That's kind of funny now, considering I write books about lawyers.

I also remember thinking that we were going to the gym for our "fisette" class. Again, my mother set me straight and told me I was actually going to "phys. ed."

No comments: