Tuesday, June 14, 2005

International Webloggers Day

I almost forgot about this! Yikes! But here it goes.

I started blogging in 2001, pre-911, on a site I still have. It's now called Out of the Mainstream, but it was originally called My Views on the News. The name is self-explanatory. But then I decided I wanted to blog about more personal stuff so I started A Waste is a Terrible Thing to Mind, which eventually morphed into Excited Utterances. For me, blogging is way to remember what I'm thinking about current events or just events in my own life. I've kept journals off and on for my whole life. This is just an extension of that.

Now for a little bit of a rant. I get really annoyed when I hear people on MSNBC, CNN and other news channels talk about "The Bloggers" and "The Blogs" as if Glen Reynolds and Andrew Sullivan and the like are the only people out there. These news people should actually surf the net and find out how many different kinds of blogs are out there.

Anyway, I don't care what anyone thinks about my blog. I've been doing it this way for four years and I'm going to continue to do it this way. People who don't like it don't have to read it. And if I'm never mentioned on Connected, so be it. My blog makes me happy and that's all that matters.

Happy International Webloggers Day!

No comments: