Friday, April 05, 2002

Before I moved here, I very often used to dream about being in restrooms. They were always big restrooms, with dozens of stalls. Very often I'd lose my way or not know exactly where I was. Other times, there would be other people there and I felt weird about using the restroom with other people around because either there were no doors on the stalls or the doors were only about waist high and I thought people would be staring me. I'd always meant to look up the meaning of those dreams, but I never got around to it. But I had a restroom dream just the other night and promised myself I would look it up this time. Who knew these are actually common dreams? So, here's what I found at Dream Moods:

To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to relieve yourself. Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.

Using the toilet represents letting out your emotions, fears, and worries. And the notion that you are exposed from the waist up highlights your need to get something off your chest. You need to let your feelings show! You go to the bathroom in a stall where there is little space. To some degree, you are trying to keep your feelings and emotions to yourself. What you need to do is share them with others, as the waist-high door demonstrates. Get over your fear that you might be judged or criticized.

The part about being lost suggests that I'm lost or confused in my own sea of emotions.


All I could say was "wow" when I read these. It all makes sense because of the situation(s) I was in before Nick saved me.

No comments: