Thursday, April 04, 2002

Thursday Threesome

Onesome. Love. Ever felt that "unconditional love"? Tell us about it....
Yes. Nick loves me no matter what. Some days I'm a real bitch not that easy to love but he doesn't get discouraged. He's always there for me. I can't even describe the feeling. It's just so awesome. This may seem like kind of a weird transistion, but I can't ever think of the phrase "unconditional love" without thinking about my dog, Beebe. When she died two years ago I had her buried in my back yard. I was crying and my heart was breaking because I had to say good-bye to my little girl who I'd had for 13 years. But just before it was time to say good-bye for the last time, the man who buried her said "I believe God put dogs on Earth to teach us the meaning of unconditional love." In the case of me and Beebe, I don't think that could be more true.

Twosome. Labors. What was your first paying job (not counting baby-sitting)?
I worked as a peon kitchen aide in a nursing home. The building was an old mansion that had marble floors and tiles, solid brass fixtures, crystal chandeliers, a ballroom. It was massive and gorgeous! The residents of the home were treated more like guests than patients. They'd eat their meals in the huge dining room and they were served on real plates, etc., not hospital-type stuff. One of my jobs when I first started was to pour the guests' coffee and tea after dinner. I really got to know and grow very fond of some of them. One woman was the sister-in-law of Sorrell Booke, the man who played Boss Hogg on "The Dukes of Hazzard." He came to visit her quite often and was a very nice man.

Threesome. Lost. Have a knack for losing things? Is there something you lose "all the time"?
I used to lose my car keys all the time. Most of the time I'd find them in my purse but I had so much junk in it I couldn't find them in there. I used to lose pens and pencils a lot, too, but only at work. Actually, I think the low-life idiots who came in after I left stole them because they're too cheap to buy their own people borrowed them and forgot to return them. Now, I think the only thing I lose is socks.

No comments: