Monday, April 08, 2002

The Monday Mission

1. When was the last time your computer crashed? What happened? 2 summers ago. This is going to sound lame, but I wasn't paying enough attention to the tech guy to remember what happened. I just wanted my computer back.

2. Recommend a movie (new or old) for us to watch. "Training Day" is awesome if you don't mind a lot of violence and bad language. If you're more of a wholesome type, try "The Sound of Music." That's my favorite movie.

3. When was the last time someone told you that you were attractive (and you actually believed them)? I don't remember exactly when it was because Nick tells me pretty often. Sometimes I believe him.

4. Do you like to sleep in or wake up with the chickens? Sleep, sleep, sleep. Sleep is on the list of my top five favorite things to do.

5. Are you gay, straight or bi? Ever been tempted to go the other way? I almost didn't do the Monday Mission this week because of this question. I'm a little bit afraid of the reaction I'll get from some of the people who may happen to wander across this blog. But, hey, it's who I am, right? I'm bi. I didn't even realize it until fairly recently. It never occured to me until then that most of the females I was in contact with didn't feel the same way I do about Sandra Bullock movies. *w* In fact, I remember a workplace conversation in which one woman said there's no such thing as bisexuality. Bisexuals are just people who can't decide if they're gay or straight. Grrrrrr. I didn't even buy that before I realized I'm bi. What I believe is that people whoo are bi have a huge capacity for love. If you love someone, you love them. It doesn't matter what body they're in. I think I needed to grow up a little and start equating sex with love before I could form that belief. When I was younger, sex was sex. Now, I can't see having sex with someone I don't love.

6. What will be the next computer-related purchase you will make? I'm not sure. We'll have to wait til we get everything set up in the new house before we decide, I think.

What is your role when you are in relationships? A giver, a taker, or is it an equal balance? I think I'm mostly the taker but I'm trying to be better and make it more of an equal balance.

BONUS: Would I lie to you? Now would I say something that wasn't true? I'm asking you sugar, would I lie to you?



participation positives ... a way to start monday

*Nick
*a family who loves me
*my sister actually sent me pictures of her kids. It's almost a miracle!
*I'm still hanging in there on the cutting down on smoking thing
*I'm getting a lot done to get ready for the move
*The house is awesome -- and it's almost done!
*The weather has been more bearable. (I'm not ready for another Bakersfield summer yet.)
*I smelled real, live orange blossoms for the first time on Saturday.
*Nick and I had an awesome night on Friday
*Over the weekend we went to a breakfast buffet that's great
*I've been spending more time with Shell lateley
*We rented three good movies over the weekend (Training Day, Riding in Cars with Boys and K-PAX)
*We splurged and got donuts Saturday
*I got to sleep 'til I woke up today -- no alarm clock
*We remembered to set our clocks ahead
*participation positives still make me smile
*Nick

Thanks Jess!

No comments: