Thursday, January 06, 2005

I need a vacation

Actually, I think I just need to sleep for a week or so. Even 8 hours straight would be good. Here's one dumb thing I did that tells me a need a break. I was putting out the trash last night. No big deal, right? Well, at 3:30 a.m. I woke up and, as I was getting back into bed, I noticed a small bag of trash near the bed. Know what I did? I put trash in a bag that had leftover Christmas cards, stamps and other Christmas stuff in it, then put that bag in the big trash bag and put it out at the curb. So, at 3:30 a.m. with several inches of snow already out there, and freezing rain coming down, I went outside, got the trash bag, dug through it for the "good" bag and replaced it with the trash.

Also, during my dentist appointment the dentist used this clamp-like thing to keep my mouth open (or something. One of these days I need to ask what he's actually doing in there.). So, as he's taking it out it gets stuck and he had to cut it out, which left a small hole in my gum. Before I went to bed, I brushed my teeth but forgot about the little hole. I broke the scab and my gum bled for about 10 minutes. I really hate the taste of blood. Worse yet, it started hurting, too. I hadn't had to take any ibuprofen or anything before that, which I usually do because of the pain from the novocaine shot. So, I took a Darvocet, which knocked me out for 4 hours. That kind made the trash incident even worse because I was so out of it when I had to be in the snow, cold & freezing rain. If it wasn't for the stamps and my light-up snowman necklace, I would have blown it off.

Anyway, happy 12th Day of Christmas to those of you who realize this is actually that day. The day the three wise men brought the gifts, ya know?

Would you believe I have neighbors who have their Valentine's Day decorations up already? Ridiculous! I wonder if I'm thinking that because I really hate Valentine's Day.

I don't think I have anything else to say right now. If there's another slow night at work, I'll be back.

OK. Back to WEBoggle.

No comments: