Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Is this too much to ask for in a guy?

1.Intelligence. Doesn't necessarily have to be a brain surgeon or rocket scientist. I'd be happy with someone who knows about current events and is willing to discuss them with me.

2.Sense of humor. Doesn't necessarily have to be as funny as George Carlin or Steve Martin (back when he was funny). I'd be happy with someone who "gets" Seinfeld and who makes me laugh every now and then.

3.Good job. Again, doctor or lawyer (especially lawyer) isn't necessary. I'd be happy with someone who goes to work everyday and brings home a steady paycheck so he isn't bumming money and stuff from me.

4.Reader. Must like to read all kinds of books, including mine.

5.Sports. Yes, I've met guys who aren't into sports as much as I am. That's just not good. I need someone who likes basketball (especially NCAA), football (being a Bills fan would get him huge bonus points) and, unbelieveably enough, golf. He also has to know enough about baseball to care about the playoffs and World Series and, when the Mets aren't out of the running by July, be excited with/for me.

6.Movies. Must like all kinds of movies and be somewhat knowledgeable about more stars than Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Enjoying classic movies, in black and white, is a huge plus.

7.Sexuality. Preferrably heterosexual but, bisexual with a preference for women works, too.

8.Tolerance. Must be tolerant of alternative lifestyles, all races and religions.

9.Kindness. Speaks for itself. Would be a huge plus if he got excited at my excitement over random acts of kindness.

10.Probably the most important because this has been the downfall of my last three previous relationships. Don't take me for granted. A little goddess worship would be nice but, just remembering my birthday, or even my scheudle, would be good.

So, seriously, is that too much to ask for?

No comments: