Monday, January 24, 2005

Just stuff

I wish I could shake this cold or virus or whatever it is that I've had for the last few weeks. Of course it doesn't help that it was 12 degrees below zero when I woke up this morning. It's a whopping 3 above right now. Hey, it's a heat wave! And I won't even mention the freakin' blizzard and having to shovel snow. I didn't even bother digging out the car. We're supposed to get sun for the next couple of days. I'm hoping it'll melt the snow before I have to drive again.

It's times like this that make me miss California. Although, with the crazy weather they've been having, I don't know how much better off I'd be.

It was pretty here this morning, though.



OK. The sports guy tells me I should just call the coach and ask him out for a drink or something. Uh, no. I don't think I could do that. I haven't asked a guy out in almost 20 years. Not only am I out of practice, I'm a chicken and I rejection-phobic. Oh hell, enough of that. I'm going to try to stop thinking about guys. Well, for a couple of hours anyway. ;)

I'm sad about Johnny Carson. There will never be another Johnny. Too bad today's young comedians can't learn from him. Too bad I can't form sentences today to say how I really feel.

I was kinda looking forward to "The Keystone Bowl," although I despise the Steelers and the Eagles. But I'm not disappointed that the Steelers lost. You'd have to be a Bills fan in this town to understand that.

Lunch with my former best friend went really well. It was almost like old times. I say "almost" because there are a few things we didn't talk about and may never talk about. We were both going through some crazy stuff a few years ago and all of that is probably better left in the past, although we're probably the only people we have to talk to about it. Oh well. I'm hoping we'll get together again soon and we can get back to the way we were before.

I have so much work to do in the next week & I just don't know how I'm going to get it all done. The main problem is getting people to schedule interviews. I have a feeling I'm going to be writing 4 stories in one day, the day before my deadline. *sigh* At least two people have cooperated with me so I won't be writing all 6 stories in one day.

Thanks ann marie!

More later, I'm sure.

No comments: