Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Closer

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about summer tv that I also like "The Closer." It's weird for me to say that Kyra Sedgwick is one of my favorite actresses and I love her in everything she's ever been in. Why is that weird for me to say? Well, ever since I was a teenager and Kevin Bacon was on "The Guiding Light," I wanted to marry him. (He was the only reason I watched that show. It was my mom's soap, not mine.) So, when he married Kyra, I wanted to hate her. But I couldn't. Number One, she's too good an actress to hate. Number Two, now that they've been (seemingly) happily married for years and years, and I've matured a bit (hard as that may seem to believe by reading this blog), I'm happy that Kevin is happy. And, Lord knows, you gotta give celebrity couples who actually stay together a lot of credit. It seems there aren't many out there, so it's always nice to see that there are some good role models. Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are a prime example. The late Hume Cronin and Jessica Tandy were another. And John Travolta and Kelly Preston can be counted among the group as well. I like that.

No comments: