Friday, February 15, 2002

The Friday Five

1. What was the first thing you ever cooked? I'm pretty sure it was scrambled eggs and toast for Mom & Dad's breakfast. Either that or Jell-O.

2. What's your signature dish? It used to be lasagna, but I haven't made it in ages. Now I'm into simpler things -- sloppy joes, impossible cheeseburger pie -- and they're a hit with the family, so that's all that matters.

3. Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn't work, etc.) Describe. It was more of a baking disaster. I was making these things called snowball cookies, and that's all I remember about them. But instead of putting 1 tsp of salt in, I put 1 tbsp of salt. My dad was so excited that I was baking cookies that he was waiting in the kitchen for the first batch to come out of the oven. He tried to not hurt my feelings, but told me not to bother baking the rest.

4. If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? There are so many things I'd like to try that I don't even know where to start.

5. What are you doing this weekend? This is becoming a recurring theme. I'm going to try to get rid of this kidney infection once and for all.

No comments: