Tuesday, March 26, 2002

This is my favorite story about me and my dad.

Dad, my sister and I were walking home from the park one day when we ran into a friend of my dad's. During their conversation, this friend was raving about what a sweet child I was. I was 4 or 5 at the time. The friend said to my Dad, "How much do you want for her." My Dad answered, "This one's priceless." When we went inside the house, I ran to my room and started crying. My Mom came in and asked me what was wrong. Sobbing, I said "Daddy wants to give me away." Confused, my Mom asked what I meant by that. Still sobbing, I said "Mr. Douglas wanted to buy me but Daddy said he would give me away for free." My Mom left the room. Shortly after that, my Dad came in, gave me a big hug and explained "priceless" to me. "It doesn't mean that you don't have a price like something that's free," he said. "It means that there's not a price in the world that's high enough for you."

No comments: