Saturday, March 30, 2002

When I was a senior in college my 3 best friends and I spent Easter break in Bermuda. It was totally awesome! We stayed at a guest house. Our hosts were an older married couple, George and Ida Storms. They were wonderful. They even gave the okay for us to hang out at their private club on the beach. But there was one really strange thing that happened/we all learned. You know how in America (at least the places I know here) Good Friday is more or less a solemn occasion (or at least it used to be), a time for contemplation, reflection, prayer? Well, when we woke up on Good Friday morning, we found a loaf of freshly baked banana bread on our doorstep and a note that said "Happy Good Friday." We later learned that the annual kite show is held on Good Friday every year. Generally, Good Friday is a day of celebration in Bermuda. I guess it's all in your perspective on things.

No comments: