Tuesday, March 26, 2002

Today's kind of a strange day. It's the anniversary of the day Nick asked me to marry him. What a magical night that was! I still remember it as if it was only yesterday instead of a year ago. It couldn't have been more perfect. The strange thing is, even Nick didn't know how perfect it was at the time. What Nick didn't know then is that March 26 is my dad's birthday. Every once in a while since he died more than 10 years ago I felt his presence. Or at least I wanted to believe I did. But in the last year I felt it even more. When I was getting ready to move here, I kind of had the feeling Dad was watching over me. But after I got here, it was even stronger than that. We've even smelled his after shave lotion. I don't know why Dad would be hanging around here instead of back in Pennsylvania with my mom, but I'm glad he is. I think he's happy than I'm finally happy.

Happy birthday Dad!

No comments: