Thursday, January 01, 2004

The Chaser

I'm watching The Twilight Zone marathon on The SciFi Channel. An episode called The Chaser was just on. It starts this way: Robert Shackleforth (George Grizzard), a lovestruck young man cannot get the girl of his dreams, the ravishing Leila (Patricia Barry), to acknowledge his existence. In desperation, Robert pays a visit to the mysterious Professor Daemon (John McIntyre), who gives the young would-be romeo a potion that transforms the icy Leila into Robert's "love slave."

Here's where I get confused: Before long, however, Robert regrets having Leila hanging upon him like a clinging vine ...

I understand the message of the episode and all that but, geez, I wish Great Smile Guy was that nuts about me. I can't see myself having a problem with that. Of course it's possible I feel that way because I went so long without seeing him at all and right now I want to be around him all the time. *sigh*

At the risk of him actually seeing this, I'm going to post it anyway. He must know by now how obsessed I am with him, mustn't he? He should. Everyone else I know knows.

No comments: