Thursday, March 31, 2005

Aging Parents

My Mom and I planned on going to Mass at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. At 7 a.m. she called Time & Temperature to find out what the temperature was so she could decide what she was going to wear. I said "You checked the temperature now to decide what you're going to wear three hours from now?" Then, of course, she looked at me as if I was the one who just did something that didn't make sense.

Today, she has a doctor's appointment at 10:30 a.m. At 7:30 a.m. she started getting ready. Beginning at about 8:45 a.m. she will sit in a chair, completely dressed and ready to go, watching the clock, so she won't be late when the time comes to leave for the doctor's office ... at 10:15.

Yes, I know everyone has idiosyncrasies that drive other people crazy. I wonder why people develop more of them when they older.

No comments: