Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Dentist

I like my dentist. One reason is that he gives me lots of Novocaine so I can't feel a thing. Because of the bad dentist I had several years ago, I hadn't been going for a while. He was an old guy and shouldn't have been practicing dentistry as long as he was. The last time I went to him, he drilled right into my cheek and into my gum. OUCH! And that's an understatement. So, after that, I didn't go to the dentist for years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when I started going back, I needed a lot of stuff done. I'm such a hypochondriac and drama queen that I thought for sure I was going to have most of my teeth pulled and get dentures. Luckily, it was mostly fillings, along with two deep cleanings and one extraction. The last filling was today. But now comes the hard part. Root canal. Yikes! Even the sound of it scares me. But I keep telling myself I'll be glad I had it done. I hope I still like my dentist after the root canal.

No comments: