Monday, March 28, 2005

Stupidity

My ex has bouts of extreme jealousy, even now after we haven't been together for four years. He was even jealous when I weighed 220 pounds and simple logic would tell a normal person that no one else was even looking at me, let alone thinking about doing anything with me. A couple of days ago he told me he saw a friend of mine (a guy I'll call The Trouble Maker) at a convenience store and The Trouble Maker mentioned that he just saw me there the day before. My ex said to me "That's why you go there, isn't it? Because he lives across the street." I said "No. I go there because cigarettes are 40 cents cheaper, the coffee is always fresh and it's 1 mintue from where I work." He didn't believe me. He still believes I go there to run into The Trouble Maker. But, he didn't bother to take this consideration. I didn't tell him, but still. I've been going to that particular convenience store since September because they had this awesome pumpkin spice cappucino that I quickly became addicted to. That's when I learned that cigarettes are way cheaper there. In the six months I've been going there, I've seen The Trouble Maker one time inside the store. However, I talk to him at least, at least once a week at work when he calls and/or comes in. We call each other at home for other reasons and I see him at other places around town a few times a week. We've been to each other's houses, and are welcome at each other's houses any time. So yes, I switched convenience stores so I could run into him once in six months. Sheesh!

No comments: