Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Cyril Wecht

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but I covered two events at which he spoke. One was on the 35th anniversary of President Kennedy's death; the other on JonBenet Ramsey. Several days after the Kennedy talk, I received a hand-signed letter from Dr. Wecht in which he told me I did a good job making a complicated issue easy to read, and he appreciated it. Cool, huh?

I also recently learned that he was involved in the real-life unsolved murder that inspired my first novel, Contempt of Court. GSG said he was very well-informed about the case and had very vivid recollections of it, despite the fact it happened nearly 30 years ago (at the time GSG talked to him). Maybe I should send Dr. Wecht a complimentary copy. Now, that's an idea.

So, although these are serious subjects about death and murder, me being me, I have to add a little self-serving humor (even if I'm the only one who thinks it's funny. There's now only one degree of separation between me and Dan Abrams (aka "my boyfriend"), because he's interviewed Dr. Wecht.

No comments: