Saturday, March 12, 2005

My non-existent love-life

Before I get into the serious stuff -- Okay. Semi-serious. -- I have to say this. I vowed that I will never get married again because I'm just not the marrying kind. But I think I'd make an exception for Dan Abrams, the hottest lawyer since Joe Manzarelli. What? You don't know who Joe Manzarelli is? Read Contempt of Court and Actual Malice -- especially Actual Malice if you want the hot stuff.

Anyway, now that the coach is with someone and GSG is not who I thought he was, I have to start looking at other options. That's why I've been surfing the online personals. Just wanted to see who's out there. According to their profiles, there are a lot of guys who say they're looking for a woman like me. So, why can't we manage to find each other? Here's my theory: They lied in their profiles. Simple as that. Okay, maybe that's not it. Maybe I'm not as accessible as I think I am. But geez, it's not as if I don't have a high profile job and no one knows how to get in touch with me. Well, maybe things will get better soon. I have two people I trust keeping their eyes and ears open, looking for acceptable guys for me.

I was watching "The Sound of Music" the other day and the line "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window" really hit me. Ever since I found out the coach is with someone, I've been looking for the open window. It's gotta be there somewhere, right?

Speaking of the Lord ... You know how Dear Abby and other advice columnists suggest single people look for mates in church or church groups? Obviously, they haven't been to my church. No prospects there that I've seen.

Okay. I think I've done enough feeling sorry for myself for one morning. I'm off to do something constructive.

No comments: