Thursday, March 24, 2005

Last one

Barring unforeseen circumstances, this will be my last Terri Schiavo post. First of all, I need to say I feel sympathy for her parents. I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone.

With that said, I must repeat that it's about what Terri wants. All the people who say she hasn't been represented in court are wrong. That's what her husband is trying to do. Nineteen. Count 'em. Nineteen times the courts have ruled that there is evidence proving she didn't want to be kept alive like this.

What's bothering me the most now, however, are the lies. Now, after 15 years, there are signs of abuse? Now, although part of her brain has "melted" away she's speaking? Sounds like desperate, last ditch efforts to me.

I suppose it's a moot point now, but I hope people eventually come to realize this is what she wanted. Not that I know for sure but, despite the problems with it, I do belive in our court system. I believe the judges have ruled in her best interests.

Again, it's about what Terri wanted.

No comments: