Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Because I'm in a weird mood today ...

Wednesday Weird Ones.

1. How can you say that?
How can you ask me that? I can say anything I want. Freedom of expression, ya know? Unfortunately for people like me who often speak before thinking, freedom of expressioin isn't always a good thing. Hence, I hear "How can you say that?" quite often. Thanks for asking again and making me relive all the painful, embarrassing moments of my past. *rolling my eyes*

2. Does Schroedinger's cat have 18 half-lives?
Of course. Hey, I thought these questions were supposed to be weird.

3. How come gruntled employees never make the news?
It's a conspiracy. It's my belief that certain people don't want gruntled employees to know how many other gruntled employees are really out there. I mean, they might get organized, form a union and be bigger and more powerful than the Teamsters. Although, because they don't get a lot of press, not many people in the general public know about them, people in upper management positions do know and they're scared, I'm telling ya. Scared! They've imagined the future with a group of united gruntled employees and they don't like it one bit. (And don't you dare tell anyone I'm gruntled ... most of the time, anyway.)

4. Do the actors in the re-enactments on Americas Most Wanted, ever get arrested just because they were seen on TV portraying the criminal?
You bet! Just the other day I saw a man being chased by the police, knocked to the ground, hand-cuffed and thrown into the back of a police car and I couldn't imagine what he'd done to deserve that treatment. The police insisted he was wanted for a string of convenience story burglaries. Even when he showed them his SAG card and a video of the America's Most Wanted episode he appeared on (It was in his jacket pocket), they didn't believe him. Good thing he has a good lawyer.

5. Why aren't the lines on lined paper diagonal?
I don't know, dammit, but they should be. When I write on unlined paper everything goes diagonal so, obviously, I have a natural tendency toward diagonal writing. I'm sure I can't be the only one. Personally, I think people who manufacturer lined paper are discriminating against diagonal writers and other people who write in something other than straight lines.

No comments: