Sunday, October 31, 2004

It's Sunday!

Sunday Brunch

1) What candy are you passing out on Halloween night if you are staying home?
I was planning on giving out peanut M&Ms, Nestle's Crunch and Kit Kats.

2) What was your best Halloween costume?
I don't remember how old I was but I was a fairy godmother and my Mom made the costume. She used one of her old pink, frilly, fluffy bridesmaids dresses. She made a magic wand out of some kind of wire and cut a star out of Styrofoam for the top of it, then she covered it with glitter. I don't remember how she made the tiara but it was awesome. I need to find the picture of me in that costume.

3) Are you doing anything on the night of Halloween if you are not staying home to pass out treats, and if so, what are you doing?
I volunteered to work during trick-or-treat hours because the editor-on-duty on Sunday nights told one of the reporters she couldn't take her daughter because the other reporter asked first. Both of their daughters are 2 1/2, the same age as my youngest nephew, so I couldn't have them not taking their kids, or having to rush back to work. I thought they should take as much time as they needed. See? Sometimes I'm a good person.

4) What is your favorite Halloween décor? (ie, witch, ghost, pumpkins)
I like cutesy, funny stuff, not scary. You know, like the witch who flies into the tree. All my jack-o'-lanterns have to be happy, funny, cute. Nothing that will give me, or anyone else, nightmares.

5) Do you carve jack o’lanterns?
I used to and I kind of wanted to this year but I just never got around to it. But I do have a light-up jack-o'-lantern that looks real, like it's been carved. It even feels almost real.

Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Right now:: that Van Halen song (at least I think it's Van Halen)
  2. Halloween:: Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Myers, et al
  3. Provider:: insurance
  4. Rescue me:: Uncle Kracker
  5. Confidence:: self-esteem
  6. Fungus:: mushroom (don't ask me why)
  7. Candy corn:: Halloween
  8. Reunion:: class
  9. Winner:: loser
  10. Tradition:: holiday (and the song from "Fiddler on the Roof" just now popped into my head)


The First Four

What are the first four things you think of when I say

Trick-or-Treat
1.Candy
2.Kids in costumes
3.jack-o'-lanterns
4.Kids laughing (my favorite sound)


Happy Halloween!

No comments: