Friday, October 29, 2004

Wish I'd thought of this ... A book meme!

I found this via Andrea.

The Thursday Bookworm

Week One

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you can enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it." --Bertrand Russell

Welcome to The Thursday Bookworm!

This meme is all about books. And like the quote mentioned above, it's all about enjoying them and, in some cases, bragging that we actually managed to finish them. :)

So since this is the first week, I'll start out with some general questions about your favorites (and not-so-favorites)!

1. What would you consider your favorite book of all time? Why? (Really sell it to us... make us want to run right out and buy it!!!).
"To Kill a Mockingbird." The main thing is that I'm a sucker for a good-guy lawyer, as you know. There are some wonderful messages in the book about tolerance, prejudice, family values, judging people, and more. I also like any story that shows a single father as a good parent.

2. What would you consider the most heinous, horrible book you've ever read? Tell us why we should NEVER read it.
I'm sure there have been some, but I can't recall any at the moment. There's one in particular ... I can see it but I can't see the title. I'll think of it eventually, and cringe.

3. Have you ever started a book and been unable to finish it? Which one, and why? Do you think you'll ever pick it up again?
I picked up Tom Clancy's "Patriot Games" three times before I finally finished it. It was just too technical and complicated for me, I guess, during a time I need light entertainment.

4. How often do you read a new book? In general, how long does it take you to finish a book (minus those pesky distractions like work, sleep, school, etc.)?
It depends on the book, but I'm always reading one. I never go even one full day between the time I finish one book and start another.

5. Have you ever liked a book so much, you read it again?
I can't even count the number of times I've read "Gone With the Wind" and "To Kill a Mockingbird." I've also read a few Mary Higgins Clark books a more than once. In a few years, I know I'll read "The DaVinci Code" again.

No comments: