Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I'm making time

I should be doing other things, but I need a fun, relaxing activity. Since it's cold and raining outside, this was my next choice.

TV Tuesday

Week 28 - Home Shows
We've been doing a lot of redecorating around our home lately and checking out some of the home decorating shows, I'd never really watched them before but have found a few kind of interesting so this week Home shows are in the spotlight!

1. Do you watch home shows regularly? If so, which ones?
I used to watch "Trading Spaces" religiously, but I don't so much anymore. None of the others have really grabbed my attention.

2. Have you ever followed a tip that you learned from a home show or TV?
I tried sponge painting while doing the sets for "Nunsense." I know there are other things I've tried but I can't remember off-hand what they are. I am planning on re-doing my home office using some tips I learned from TS. I can see it all in my head. I'm kind of afraid to start, though, because I'm not sure I can get it from my head to the walls, ceiling, floor and furniture. We'll see, I guess.

3. What is the best (worst,stupidest,coolest...) thing you've ever seen on a home show?
The worst, dumbest, most insane thing I've ever seen is when Hildy on TS glued actual hay to someone's living room walls. I would have been SO pissed. She also did someone's bathroom walls with plastic flowers. That was just weird. I like pretty much everything Doug, Gen, Laurie and Vern do. Doug's stuff tends to be a little off the wall sometimes but I like it all.

~Bonus~ If your home had it's own show what would it be called? Why?
Let's see. How 'bout "This Old House ... Needs Help!" or "Extreme Makeover: Urgent Edition." I think they speak for themselves. ;)

And while I'm at it ...

Music Mambo - Week 30
This week, tell us your "Preferences."

1. Do you prefer just audio or video/audio of your favorite songs
I'd rather just have audio so I can use my imagination in regard to what the song "looks like."

2. What do you like to listen to in the car (radio, CD, mp3 playlist...etc)?
Mostly I listen to CDs of whatever music I'm in the mood for at the moment. Lately it's been "Layla" over and over.

3. Do you lean more towards a LIVE version of songs or the studio release
It depends. Some live versions are better than the studio releases; others, well, kinda suck

4. What is your ideal concert venue?
Someplace small, like less than 500 people.

5. What's your favorite format (vinyl, cassette, cd, mp3 etc)
CD

Bonus:) You can only see one concert this year. Who would it be, and where would the concert be.
Train ... in my living room ;)

Wednesday Mind Hump - Week 41

Tell us about a memorable shocking (or odd, interesting, valuable) discovery. Example: Mom lied. No matter how many goofy faces I make my face will NOT get stuck like that forever. Or -- if you wrap celery in aluminum foil it will stay fresh and crispy for weeks. Or -- Trix really ARE for kids!. You get the point.

If you lose 2 pounds a week you can lose 100 pounds in a year. I know that seems so simple, but when you have that much to lose it seems like an impossible thing to do. It's not!

Here we go -- ladies and gentleman, start your humps.

This week, some "getting to know you fun" with a wittle wobble.

01. If you had an off/on switch, what would you want it to switch off/on instantly?
The part of my brain that makes me say stupid/smart things. Right now, the stupid switch goes on way to fast and the smart switch seems to be stuck in the off position.

02. Your favorite celebrity will be knocking on your door in exactly one minute. Considering you only have one minute, what would you do before you answer the door and how would you greet them?
George Clooney will be here in one minute?!?!? Brush my teeth, brush my hair, pop some breath mints (in case the tooth-brushing wasn't enough), put on deodorant, put on a revealing, but not sleazy-looking, blouse/shirt. Not that any of that would make a difference. I'd probably greet him by saying hello, then I'd faint.

03. If you could save time in a bottle, what time(s) would you save?
Any time I spend with GSG. Any time I spend with Steve (in person). The days the author copies of my books arrived.

04. Look around you. First, tell us what room you're in. Now, name the first red thing you see ... likewise blue, and yellow.
I'm in my home office. Red: The pjs my nephew is wearing in the picture that's on my next. Blue: The label on my Aquafina bottle. Yellow: The cover of the phone book.

Monday Madness from last week.

Name 3 things....

1....your ideal salad has on it.
cheese, bacon, ranch dressing
2....you do religiously in the morning.
check my e-mail, brush my teeth, take my vitams
3....you look forward to doing in your spare time.
sleep, sleep, sleep
4....you've never done before, but think you will at some point in your life.
sky diving, write a movie script, act in a play
5....you love to do while on vacation.
sit on the beach, take pictures, discover new things
6....you took pictures of in the last month.
autumn leaves, the parasol I made for "Nunsense," myself
7....you have to do before the end of the day.
go to work, e-mail Kim, read a pamphlet my boss gave me
8....you like about your best friend
he always tells me the truth, he boosts my self-esteem, he's loyal


No comments: