Sunday, October 24, 2004

A Halloween-related post

There are these two spiders. One lives in my kitchen sink; the other in my bathtub. For the last two years they've appeared at the end of of September and been gone by the beginning of November. (I assume it's the same two spiders. I further assume their visits have something to do with Halloween. I could be wrong. They could be on the run after committing some spider crime and they can only stay in one place for a short period of time.) Why don't I kill them, you ask? They won't die! The last two years I tried and tried and tried to kill them. It's as if they're ... Well, immortal isn't the right right word. Imarachnidal? When I turn on the water in either place, they scurry away and disappear until the water is gone. So I've given up trying to kill them. Why should I add to my frustrations by trying to kill two creatures who, obviously, aren't going to die? Now, instead of considering them pests, I consider them pets. I wanted to take their pictures, but it seems they're camera shy. Every time I have the camera, they disappear. Maybe they're in the spider protection program? So, I'm going to treat you to an artists' rendering. Ladies and gentlemen, I present Spooky and Sponge Bob Spider Pants.



No comments: