Sunday, September 11, 2005

BB6 and Some Thoughts on 9/11

Every year I say I'm not going to get addicted to this show but, I always do anyway. This year has been the best since season two, in my opinion. Janelle really makes the show, no matter what the nerd herd thinks. (And to think I didn't even like her for the first two weeks.) I can't believe how stupid they are! I mean, Janelle won two America's Choices. That should tell them something. But in their little pea brains they see the viewers as "stupid," according to April. They've also blamed the show's editors for making them look bad and Janelle look good. Couldn't be that America likes Janie better because she's the best player, could it? The nerd herd is nothing but a bunch of lying, manipulative bitches. Janie hasn't lied once during the entire game.

Then, Ivette says she won't vote for Janelle although she admits Janelle played the game better than anyone else. That's just wrong. You're supposed to vote for the best player. If April or Ivette end up winning, it will be because the nerd herd can't believe someone from the Soveirgn Six got to the final two. Even if Janelle doesn't win, at least she should be happy that she's America's Choice to win, no matter what the nerd herd does.

Anyway, I feel guilty posting about something as petty as a reality show on September 11 but, I can't put my feelings about that into words. When I think about it, all I can remember is sitting in the living room at the apartment in California, drinking coffee, watching the "Today" show and getting ready to start the day. Even before the second plane hit, I knew the first one was a terrorist attack. I couldn't believe it was accident. After the second plane hit, I went numb. I think I was numb for the rest of the day. The only time I really felt anything was when my mother called. I wished I wasn't 3,000 miles away and that I could be with her in person to comfort her.

My brother suffered a major bout of depression after 9/11. He knew many, many people who died because he did a lot of business at the WTC. One of the people who died was one of his best friends, and a rugby teammate. My brother is better now but, he's not the same person. He probably never will be. Will any of us ever be the same?

1 comment:

...just-rambling... said...

I have avoided watching reality shows because I know I'll get addicted. When Trump's Apprentice comes back this fall, I already know I'll be addicted to that. I'm sorry about your brother's freind. I knew one person that was there in the lobby, but he managed to get out and get home alive. He's still traumatized recalling that day.