Sunday, September 25, 2005

I Hope You're Not Bored With This

I'm having a blast doing the play! In fact, I can't even believe how much fun I'm having. Yesterday the director told me she didn't know how I was doing the sound of the alien walker but it was perfect. I said "Well, I kind of feel like I'm the star of the show ... Anne Holliday as the alien walker." Everyone laughed and the stage manager joked that they'll put that in the next press release. The thing is, most of these people don't know that saying stuff like that will encourage me to be more of a ham and publicity hound.

Anyway, I still get butterflies and the shakes before every rehearsal. The theater veterans tell me that's normal. I'm just hoping the shakes and nerves don't get so bad that I blow it when we have an audience. Nah. I'm sure I'll be fine for my stage debut. Actually, it's not really my debut. I was on stage for piano recitals when I was a kid. And I guess you could count my speaking gigs for my book as being on stage, too. I think what's making me so nervous is that, with the other things, it was all me. If I blew it, I would be the only person who looked bad. This, however, is an ensemble and other people are depending on me to be good. Oh geez. I'll be fine. I better be. Yikes. I'm starting to get nervous all over again and the next rehearsal isn't for 30 more hours.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful time with it. Please continue the updates.