Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Weird Installment of Weird Dreams

I had weird stuff running around in my head all night but none of it seemed to go together. So, here are the bits and pieces of the stuff I remember.

I was at a bar/diner sitting at the bar/counter. A waitress showed me a plate of pancakes and told me to have some. They looked cold and shriveled, so I declined. Later, I was in a car with the people I was in the bar/diner with and we passed the bar, which was sitting way up on wooded hillside. One of the people said bars are allowed to stay open all night long but the only thing they're allowed to serve after 2 a.m. is cake, and they have to give it away for free. I asked if pancakes counted as cake. The person said they did. I said that explains why that waitress tried to pawn those awful-looking pancakes off on me.

I was in the kitchen at my Mom's house washing dishes and I was getting really angry because every time I thought I was finished, someone would come in with something else for me to wash. At one point, I let the suds fill up the sink and overflow onto the floor. I kept getting angrier and angrier and I was throwing things against the wall, hoping to break things. Then I'd get even angrier because I'd have to clean it up.

I was sitting on the front steps of my grandmother's house with a couple of other people. There were boxes on the steps and we were waiting for someone to come and help us pack them into a car so we could move. Some guy in a shiny new SUV parked in front of the house, made his way through the maze of boxes, said something to us then left without offering to help with the boxes. We were all angry that he didn't offer to help. Just as he got back into his SUV, another vehicle came along, smashed into the SUV and drove away. There was a cop right there. Instead of going after the hit-and-run driver, he was telling the SUV driver how to report the accident to his insurance company so he'd be able to get another new vehicle and all kinds of other stuff.

I was in a huge room, like a classroom, with a lot of other people. One of them was George Clooney. We were there for some altruistic purpose but, I don't remember what it was. George was supposed to be with me (Yeah. Only in my dreams.) but he was flirting with other women. Most of the other people, except the women he was flirting with, told me he was just trying to make me jealous. Eventually, George and I left together.

For some reason, I was running away from people and had to get out of my house without anyone knowing I was leaving. I also couldn't leave any traces of myself there or any clue as to where I was going. I was just about to make a clean getaway (I was in my bedroom putting my shoes and socks on) when a blonde woman came in and asked what I was doing and where I was going. I told her I was just putting my shoes and socks on because my feet were cold. Somehow, she knew that was a lie because my feet are never cold. Eventually, she left and I went downstairs, peeked out the front door and decided it was dark enough outside so I could leave without anyone seeing me.

Told ya it was weird.

1 comment:

...just-rambling... said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one that has dreams in segments that do not make any sense.