Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Got It!

I got the job and I start tomorrow, so now I can tell you what it is. I'll be working for the Red Cross doing press releases, the newsletter and other related things. Besides the Meals on Wheels woman, there are only three full-time people in the chapter house and they've been so busy since Katrina that they can't keep up with their normal duties and do all the Katrina-related stuff on top of it.

When I was there last Thursday volunteering for Meals on Wheels, the director asked his "newspaper connection" to look over a press release to make sure it was OK. I told him I didn't work for the newspaper anymore. Then, after I looked over the press release he asked if I'd be interested in coming to work for them to do the press releases. I said I would love to, but I thought it was just something he said in passing because he was so overwhelmed with work. I was in shock, but happily so, when I found out he was serious.

Ever since Katrina, I've been saying I wished I could do more to help besides send money and pray. Now I will be doing more. I'm so excited! Wish me luck tomorrow!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Wonderful! Congrats!

Pipi Longstockings said...

Congrats! tht such a wonderful job to have! All the best!

Uncle Crappy said...

Nice going. And a pretty good birthday present, right?

Anne said...

Thanks everyone! My first day was great :)

And, yes, it was a good birthday present.